Monday, October 6, 2008

Reader Request

I received a request for a spring brunch wedding, with yellow, pink, and Tiffany blue colors. This is one of my favorite color pallets (my bedroom and bathroom are in these shades), because I think they look classic but a tad quirky with the blue thrown in. The reader asked about some food ideas for a brunch, which are a great way to save because #1, caterers charge less for the food, and #2, you don't have to provide as much, or even any, alcohol. Here are some of my favorite menu ideas:
    • omelet station
    • crepe/pancake station
    • Fruit, gourmet yogurts, bagels, rolls, pastries
    • Assortments of sausages, bacon, and different types of eggs
    • Small tea sandwiches
    • Belgian waffle station
    • Juice and/or coffee bar
    • Or you could do it southern style: grits, buttermilk biscuits and gravy, hash brown casserole



Are any of you having brunch weddings? What is your menu?

~~~Feel free to comment with a reader request, or send your request via email to hoosierbride@gmail.com

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love brunch weddings! My friend had 10 a.m. beach wedding followed by a brunch. She had a mimosa/bloody mary bar (lots of delicious mimosas!), shrimp and grits, a pancake station, biscuits, fresh fruit, and her grandmother MeeMaw's strawberry shortcake as the wedding cake. It was lovely!

Vanna said...

Yay for shrimp and grits - I adore grits, and what a fun wedding food that would be.

 
Who links to me?