Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Big Wedding Question Part Two

The next step for the mister and I was to make a list of theme possibilities. We each took a piece of paper and wrote down anything that came to mind. Then I divided them up by categories. (Have I mentioned I'm a little obsessive about list-making?).

  • Food themes: Strawberries, Cherries, Chocolate
  • Movies: Alice in Wonderland, Across the Universe, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Walk the Line, Grease
  • Art: Andy Warhol, Jackson Pollack
  • Other: Kitsch Hawaii, 1960s picnic in the Hamptons, dinner party at JFK's White House, 1950s clambake, Studio 54

As you can see, the mister and I are a pretty eclectic pair. Some themes are pretty easy to image (kitsch Hawaii) and other are much more abstract (Jackson Pollack, no pun intended). From this list, I did what seemed to make the most sense for me: make inspirations boards.

Up next: Strawberries and Cherries.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?